From the Builds page, you can inspect past builds and monitor the progress of ongoing builds.
The Builds page provides the following information about current and past builds:
- Pipeline Name: The name of the pipeline that ran and the build number (Execution Id). Select the pipeline name to go to the Build details page.
- Status: The build status, such as running, failed, or success.
- Trigger: How the build started, whether by a webhook trigger or manually. Builds triggered by webhooks can include source code repository links.
- Executed By: The name of the user that started the build.
- Runtime: How long the build ran.
On the Build details page, you can investigate a variety of details about a specific build.
- Pipeline: This tab shows the build stages and steps. Select a step to investigate logs, inputs, outputs, and errors (if any) for that steps.
- Inputs: This tab lists pipeline-level inputs. Step-level inputs are reported in the step details on the Pipeline tab.
- Artifacts: This tab provides links to artifacts, such as images or reports, produced during the build. Availability of artifact details depends on the upload location, build configuration, or build infrastructure.
- Commits: If applicable, this tab provides a list of commits that triggered the build, along with source code repo links.
- Tests: Test results from Run or Run Tests steps. For more information, go to View tests.
- Policy Evaluations, Security Tests, and Error Tracking: These tabs report information from other Harness modules and features, such as Harness Policy As Code, if these are enabled and included in the pipeline.
When troubleshooting failed builds, switch to Console View to allocate more screen space to logs. Once you've identified a potential cause, select Edit Pipeline to go directly to the Pipeline Studio.
Source code repository links
Builds triggered by webhooks can include a link to the PR or commit that started the build.
Similarly, if a pull request triggers a build, you can follow the Details link from the PR's Git status to the build details page in Harness.