Tutorials and quickstart guides
New to Harness? The following tutorials and quickstart guides will take you from novice to advanced.
- CI pipeline tutorial helps you to create a CI Pipeline that builds and tests code and then pushes an artifact to a registry and performs integration tests. |
Select the tutorial for the platform you want to use to deploy.
- Kubernetes deployment tutorial shows you how to create a CD Pipeline that deploys a publicly available Docker image and manifest to your target cluster.
- Helm Chart deployment tutorial shows you how to create a CD Pipeline that uses a Helm chart to deploy a publicly available Docker image to your target cluster.
- Kustomize deployment tutorial shows you how to create a CD Pipeline that uses a kustomization to deploy multiple variants of a simple public Hello World server.
- Azure ACR to AKS deployment tutorial shows you how to create a CD Pipeline that deploys your ACR image to your target AKS cluster.
- Azure Web Apps Tutorial deploy a Docker image or non-containerized artifact for your Azure Web App. You can deploy to source and target deployment slots, and perform traffic shifting.
- Serverless Lambda deployment tutorial shows you how to deploy a Serverless Lambda application to AWS Lambda using Harness.
- ECS deployment tutorial shows you how to deploy a publicly available Docker image to your Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) cluster using a Rolling Deployment strategy.
- Custom deployments using Deployment Templates tutorial shows you how to use Deployment Templates for non-native deployments (integrations other than those Harness supports out of the box). Deployment Templates use shell scripts to connect to target platforms, obtain target host information, and execute deployment steps.
- Harness CD GitOps Quickstart shows you how to use Harness native GitOps to deploy services by syncing the Kubernetes manifests in your source repos with your target clusters.
The following quickstart guides are available for Feature Flags:
- Getting started with Feature Flags provides a high-level summary of Feature Flag (FF), with video and Quick Guide walkthroughs.
- Java quickstart helps you to create a feature flag and use the feature flag SDK in your Java application.
Cloud Cost Management (CCM)
- Kubernetes Autostopping Quickstart shows you how to create and test an AutoStopping rule for your Kubernetes cluster.
- AutoStopping proxy as a downstream of ALB configuration tutorial shows you how to configure an AutoStopping proxy as a downstream system of an Application Load Balancer in AWS.
Harness CD Community Edition
- Harness Community Edition deployment tutorial shows you how to set up Harness CD Community Edition locally and create a CD Pipeline that deploys a public NGINX image to a local cluster.
- Harness YAML Quickstart shows you how to build Pipelines using the Harness YAML builder.
Service Reliability Management
The following quickstart guides are available for Service Reliability Management:
Change Impact Analysis Quickstart describes how you can correlate change events and understand their impact on a Monitored Service.
SLO Management Quickstart walks you through the steps to create and manage an SLO.
Security Testing Orchestration
The following quickstart guides are available for Security Testing Orchestration:
STO Tutorial 1: Stand-Alone Pipelines shows you how to set up a Pipeline with a scanner, run scans, analyze the results, and learn the key features of STO.
Tutorial 2: Integrated STO Pipelines shows you how to integrate STO functionality into CI and CD Pipelines.