Graceful delegate shutdown
Harness Delegate is designed to shut down gracefully. The process of graceful delegate shutdown is as follows:
- The delegate receives an instruction to quit.
- A grace period begins during which the delegate:
- Stops accepting new tasks.
- Works to complete running tasks.
- The grace period ends.
- Delegates that have not quit are force-terminated.
- Incomplete tasks are discarded.
The length of the grace period is configurable.
|Delegate type||Grace period||Default interval|
|Immutable image||Yes||10 minutes|
|Legacy image||No||30 seconds|
The event that initiates the graceful shutdown depends on delegate type.
|Kubernetes||Pod termination, eviction, or user-initiated scaling|