Azure DevOps (ADO) is a Microsoft product that provides version control, reporting, requirements management, project management, automated builds, testing and release management capabilities. It covers the entire application lifecycle, and enables DevOps capabilities.
Use the SEI Azure DevOps Services integration to integrate SEI with ADO Services. SEI ingests pipelines, Git repos, Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC), and Azure Boards data from ADO Services.
Azure DevOps Services is a cloud offering. To integrate with the on-premises offering, Azure DevOps Server, you must use an Ingestion Satellite.
The following permissions and settings are required to use the SEI ADO Services integration:
- You have registered for Azure DevOps Services and created organizations and projects in ADO.
- All SEI-relevant ADO projects use Git for version control.
- You have enabled Third-party application access via OAuth in your ADO organization policies.
- Your Azure DevOps account has one of the following access levels: Basic, Basic + Test Plans, or Visual Studio Professional/Enterprise. For more information, go to the Microsoft documentation on Azure DevOps Access Levels.
- You have Reader permission (or higher) for all SEI-relevant Azure DevOps projects. For more information, go to the Microsoft documentation on Azure DevOps Permissions.
Configure the integration
In your Harness project, go to the SEI module, and select Account.
Select Integrations under Data Settings.
Select Available Integration, locate the Azure DevOps Services integration, and select Install.
Configure and save the integration.
- If you are redirected to Azure DevOps, sign in with your user credentials. Azure DevOps uses OAuth authentication.
- Enter a Name for the integration.
- The Description and Tags are optional.
- Identify Azure DevOps Organizations to associate with the integration. If unspecified, the integration associates all available organizations. Available organizations are organizations that the authenticated user can access.