Azure web app stop shuts down the application.
- This fault checks if the requests have been re-routed to another instance on the application service.
View fault usage
- Kubernetes > 1.16.
- Adequate Azure access to stop and start the web applications.
- Use Azure file-based authentication to connect to the instance using Azure GO SDK. To generate the auth file, run
az ad sp create-for-rbac --sdk-auth > azure.authAzure CLI command.
- Create a Kubernetes secret that has the auth file created in the previous step in the
CHAOS_NAMESPACE. Below is a sample secret file:
- If you change the secret key name (from
azure.auth), ensure that you update the
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATIONenvironment variable in the chaos experiment with the new name.
Azure target web application should be in the running state.
|AZURE_WEB_APP_NAMES||Name of the Azure web application services to target.||Comma-separated names of the web applications.|
|RESOURCE_GROUP||The name of the resource group for the target web applications.||All the web applications must belong to the same resource group.|
|TOTAL_CHAOS_DURATION||Duration that you specify, through which chaos is injected into the target resource (in seconds).||Defaults to 30s.|
|CHAOS_INTERVAL||Time interval between two successive instance power offs.||Defaults to 30s.|
|SEQUENCE||Sequence of chaos execution for multiple instances.||Defaults to parallel. Supports serial sequence as well.|
|RAMP_TIME||Period to wait before and after injecting chaos (in seconds).||For example, 30s.|
Common fault tunables
Refer to the common attributes to tune the common tunables for all the experiments.
Stop web app by name
It contains a comma-separated list of web application names that are subject to chaos. You can tune it using the
AZURE_WEB_APP_NAMES environment variable.
Use the following example to tune it:
# stop web app for a certain chaos duration
- name: azure-web-app-stop
# comma-separated names of the Azure web app
- name: AZURE_WEB_APP_NAMES
# name of the resource group
- name: RESOURCE_GROUP
- name: TOTAL_CHAOS_DURATION